Let's talk about Alpaca
The Alpaca is a native animal of the Andes region in South America. It belongs to the Camelid family. They are known for their soft wool that is a great material option for the textile industry because of its properties.
What is Alpaca Wool ?
Alpaca fiber poses exceptional characteristics:
- Very elegant appearance that comes with a soft and silky hand together with a long lasting quality.
- It earned the prestige of being considered as one of the most sought-after fibers in the world of fashion among fibers such as vicuña, cashmere, mohair and silk.
- The structure of the Alpaca fiber provides insulative qualities that make it light and warm.
- These fibers can absorb moisture almost a third of its weight before being saturated keeping the wearer dry at the same time.
- It causes no skin irritations or reactions which makes it a great option.
How to take care of your Alpaca Knit ?
In order to help the long lasting quality of this fiber, a proper maintenance is required.
Hand wash with cold water
Do not bleach
Do not tumble dry
Still looking for information? Leave us a message with your inquiry so we can assist you better. Click here